Thursday, June 5, 2014

Final Reflection Blog

Through my 20xtime project I intended to create my own homemade cards, and send those to people that have greatly impacted my life in a significant way. I hoped to send at least one card a week, and tank as many people as I could. In the end I sent about one card every other week and found that it was hard to make time for this project. However, I did enjoy doing it, and I think that this helped me to explore my creative side instead of just doing normal school work.

This project impacted my life because I was able to get the satisfaction of thanking someone and gain more knowledge about card making. It obviously impacted the lives of the people I sent them to, and hopefully brightened their day.

I didn't expect to find that I didn't have as much time as I would have liked to, in order to fully complete the project. I found that I struggled with finding the time to create cards and not setting aside enough time during the week. I think if this project was started at the beginning of the year it would have been easier for me because I would have had a longer time period to work on my cards.
I learned a little bit about time management and I learned new techniques for making cards. This project also gave me insight into how little of my time I spend on things I enjoy doing. I never realized how much I do for school and at home just because I have to, not because it makes me happy.

I think I consider this project a success. Maybe not 100%, because I would have liked to accomplish more (and I intend to over the summer), but I did learn a lot from this project. Every week I spent an hour in class and probably 2-3 hours over the weekend. So about 3 – 4 hours a week.

I learned new research skills while I was researching different card making techniques. This can help me in my English class. I also learned a written form of communication, and a type of communication that most people don’t use often.

A few suggestions for the 20 time project next year: make sure we have enough class time. Maybe lessen the load of other homework we have for that class (beause I know our class…being small…had to do extra IOs and then we also had to do the 20x project, and most English classes didn't have to, so we had a lot of extra work). A solution may be to have all of the English classes do this project.

~ Kristina Martinski

No comments:

Post a Comment